Monday, March 13, 2017

A New Way to Organize Ideas


There is nothing I love more than graphic organizers.  Being a visual learner, I feel as though seeing how different concepts connect through Venn diagrams, or sequence starters, and concept maps.  Even a simple chart helps me organize my thoughts, rather than reading pages of information and attempting to retain it all.

That's why I tried an app called Popplet.  Popplet is a mind-amp that helps teachers and students organize information by connecting bubbles together.  It's a simple app that can be used for teachers in every grade and can be followed by any student.  It can be very useful for students with learning disabilities, ESOL students, or AP students.  Students can use Popplet for group projects, or teachers can teach an introduction lesson, like I did.  You can embed videos or upload pictures to enhance the Popplet.  A couple things to keep in mind: you can change the color of the bubbles, but you can change the font.  It was a little difficult uploading the videos, but it will still show them.  If you want to assigne a fun, little project, I would definitely use this!

http://popplet.com/app/#/3911733

No comments:

Post a Comment