Monday, February 13, 2017

Finding Ways to Relax This Week and More Scrap Booking

For my future scrap book, I was thinking about having three major categories: sporting events, friends and family, and travels.  On the other hand, I was also considering putting it in chronological order.  What do you think?  I can't wait until spring break comes, maybe I can get started on this!








This Friday I went to the Tampa Zoo, and I had so much fun! I felt like a little kid again; I saw tigers, and bears, but no lions (Oh my!)  I was really excited to see elephants, giraffes, zebras, koalas, kangaroos, and llamas! One of the cutest animals that I saw were the orangutans; the were two baby orangutans that were clinging to their mom.  It was such a wonderful day to walk around and see some of the cutest and majestic animals on the planet.  Sometimes, when you're having a stressful week, you just need to go to the zoo, or an art museum, or take a walk.

Today I was finally able to run after a hiatus due to work, school, and internship.  It only consisted of two miles and a couple of suicides, but it felt so good to put on my running shoes, get outside, and forget about everything.  It was seventy-five degrees with a little bit of wind, the perfect conditions for a runner who has been sidelined for a couple of weeks.  My Ethics professor told my class to find one outlet away from school and set aside at least thirty minutes a day for that outlet.  It could be drawing or cooking, my outlet is running.  I think the reason why I have been so stressed and tired is because all  I do is work, go to school, and do homework.  Although I was exhausted after the run, I felt so much better about myself.  I felt tired and refreshed at the same time, and it was wonderful.

Now that I'm starting to settle into this new semester, I believe that is so important to find something that I can do during my small amount of free time and focus on nothing else: no work and no school is allowed during this free time.  I may not be able to run or pleasure read every day, it is beneficial if I take a thirty minute break a couple days out of the week to enjoy myself.

My fellow classmates and bloggers, what are your special outlets?

3 comments:

  1. I made an ultimate frisbee scrapbook of all my teams and travels. I have also made a travels one as well. I have made chronological for my child's books. I think you had a busy week! I like when spring break comes as it gives me time to slow down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely relate to you in regards to working out after a long while. This weekend I'm promised myself a long, uninterrupted yoga session. I've been struggling fitting it into my schedule with everything going on with school and internship and life in general. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My ethics professor said the same thing, so we probably have the same professor. I feel like the further into the semester we get the more stress I get and it isn't fun.

    I want to make a scrapbook well something like it. I want to decorate a wall with every major even in my life, it seems like it would be so fun to create.

    ReplyDelete