Thursday, January 19, 2017

Hello everyone,

My name is Tabatha Kless.  I'm twenty-one years old, and I'm from Brick Township, New Jersey, but I've lived in Jacksonville for thirteen years.  I love to play and watch soccer and tennis; Real Madrid and Tottenham Hotspurs are my favorite soccer teams, and Rafael Nadal is my favorite tennis player.  My hobbies, when I have time, include reading, running, hiking, and travelling.  When I travel, I love to collect postcards and take pictures for future scrap booking.  Some of my favorite places that I have visited are Vermont, New York, and Michigan.  I hope to travel abroad one day, specifically to Peru, Spain, and Ireland.



I wanted the title originally to be called Seeking Success, but it was already taken, so then I named this blog Seeking Real Success.  Success is different for everyone.  Success can mean making getting a promotion at work, or having thousands of followers on social media, or buying a brand new car.   My idea of success is excelling physically, emotionally, and academically.  Since I am a full time student while having two jobs and an internship, I find it challenging to balance every aspect of my life, whether it be as a student, employee, and a person.  I do know that I have to work hard for the things I want, and I'm willing to do that, especially with graduation coming up in December.  Although it's not going to be easy I'm excited to see what the future, particularly this year, has in store for me.

Sincerely,

Tabatha Kless

11 comments:

  1. What position do you play in soccer? I started playing soccer in 5th grade. I prefer playing rather than watching. I will, however, watch Nadal. Did you know Nadal wears his shoes for playing tennis a smaller size than he normally would? Good work getting your blog started!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I played EVERY position in soccer, but in high school, I was mostly a center midfielder. I did not that little fact, thanks for sharing!
      Tabatha

      Delete
  2. Tabatha, I love the layout of your page! I really enjoyed reading this post and I am intrigued by the idea that success looks different from person to person. I think your point makes a lot of sense because students are so unique and they all come from different backgrounds. Sometimes, success for one student might be to perform a solo for an extracurricular; for other students, they might feel successful after drawing a picture. Every student has different goals, aspirations and dreams of being successful. As future educators, I think that even the smallest accomplishment (like getting one unmotivated reader to pick up a graphic novel) should be celebrated! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tabitha!
    What is your favorite national team? I'm Italian so I grew up watching every game and watching them play. If they don't do well I end up rooting for USA (obviously!) but my husband is a HUGE Mexico fan.

    So I thought you'd get a kick out of this story: When Italy was in the World Cup finals in 2006 we were driving up to see my family in Jersey. We literally rented a hotel room (paid full price) just so we could watch the game. Totally worth it, especially since we won! We were literally screaming and jumping on the beds in the hotel room waving the Italian flag when one of the cleaning ladies stopped in front of our window just to watch us and laugh. One of the best memories I have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Lisa btw! I didn't realize how to change my identity when I post!

      Delete
    2. Hi Lisa,
      My favorite national team is either Germany or United States, depending on who's playing. I remember watching Italy win the World Cup, it was so much fun to watch, I could only imagine what it was like for you!

      Delete
  4. Hey Tabatha. I somewhat recently took up an interest in watching soccer, though I played soccer through most of school. My brother is a big soccer fan and we tend to watch it together. His favorite team is Manchester United (so I guess that's my favorite). I also hope to travel abroad at some point, preferably to Ireland, England, Spain, and Germany.
    I really like how you define success. I think that everyone ought to hold themselves to their own standards and not compare their success to someone else's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tabatha! Thanks for sharing you blog. I love to travel as well. I've done a bit of traveling here in the U.S. (Georgia, Tennessee, Virginia, Delaware, Mississippi, West Virginia, Ohio...) and I've been to a few places overseas. (I was born in Jamaica). It's great to get to know different people and cultures. Soccer (football as we call it lol) is also big where I'm from, but I don't watch or play much. Looking forward to meeting you in class.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Tabatha!
    I live in Jacksonville as well. Collectively, I would say that I've lived there for about 10 years. I was a military brat, but I also spent my middle school years in Virginia before moving back for high school. I loved that you included that success is defined differently.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Tabatha,
    I love to travel too. Lately what I've been doing is collecting post cards from museums I visit in the area. I have a few from Miami, Richmond, NYC, and Seattle! It's cool that you enjoyed Vermont. I haven't been there in a few years, but I loved Berlington a lot. It's a place I've been meaning to go back to. Spain is also on my bucket list too... Specifically Madrid. I've heard so so many good things.

    Balancing everything can be so hard. I understand. A lot of the times I feel as if my time has been stretched so thin. If you ever find a remedy, let me know, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This year will be great for you! I am excited to see your blog come together as you define and show examples of success. I too believe that people should focus on where they are at, and in the same breath be content. There will always be something "better", but finding success where you are is just as rewarding.

    ReplyDelete